Job Description: ESG Director
Job Location: Athens/Thessaloniki
Business Travel Needs: Requires up to 20% of time
Type of contract: Initial one-year contract with possibility of extension
Application Process: Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate is responsible for leading and making Net Zero the standout ESG transformation partner in the Greek and SE Europe markets. Together with the company’s partners, the incumbent will design and implement a dynamic business development plan and set out targets to achieve it. We are looking for a natural Leader to help the company in its expansion in the region as well as promote the company’s image through a number of social events, campaigns, and meetings with key state authorities.
In achieving their tasks, it is anticipated that you will:
- Understand the regulatory requirements of ESG transformation and raise client awareness
- Promote business development through the solutions offered by the company
- Maintain customer relationships making NetZero the first point of contact for ESG related matters
- Promote the ESG transformation of companies either through direct communication or through promotional campaigns
- Work in partnership with the company/potential investment to identify current ESG strengths and weaknesses and formulate a plan that will be used as the basis of your ongoing work with the company to improve their ESG practices.
- Build strong relationships with local authorities while promoting the Net Zero brand
- Identify different ways in which ESG can be promoted and developed through Net Zero
- Present findings and suggestions to clients with ample justification and practical advice
- Provide advice to team members and ESG representatives in portfolio companies where appropriate and source suitable training where necessary
- Bachelor’s degree and above, with professional qualifications in Business Studies with experience in promoting ESG/CSR and Safety Management Systems, or related International Standards
- At least 5 years’ experience in business consulting
- Excellent communication, negotiation and advocacy skills at top management level, capable of effectively developing and delivering ESG related matters.
- Dynamic, extrovert personality with strong analytical skills
- Ability to promote corporate image through events
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Right to work in Greece
- Target driven